Hasselback Chicken Breast
This recipe is a simple, quick, healthy family meal that can be cooked and prepared in about 1 hour without a lot of mess in the kitchen. It works great for a family that wants to have a delicious and nutritious meal but has a full calendar on the weekdays.
(4) Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
(2) Whole broccoli Crowns – cut up
(1lb.) White Cheddar Cheese – Sliced
(1TBSP.) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
(1-1/2Tsp.) Garlic Salt
Salt and Pepper to taste
- First, Check Kuma Pellet Grill for pellets and start grill; setting the temperature to 350 Degrees.
- Next, Precook bacon until it is “al dente” or not quite all the way done. It will finish cooking inside the chicken.
- Start by putting slits the width way in the chicken breast every ½” or so. Should yield about 6 slits per breast. **Be Careful not to cut all the way through the breast**
- Place a slice of cheese in every other slit, followed by bacon in the others (Cheese, Bacon, Cheese, Bacon, Cheese, Bacon).
- Put the breasts around the outside edge of an oven safe skillet (Anything that is oven safe is Kuma safe). Leaving a hole or void in the middle. That will be where we put the broccoli.
- Now, season broccoli using extra virgin olive oil, garlic salt, salt and pepper.
- Place broccoli in center of skillet. (If you have extra, feel free to place in gaps around the edges). Feel free to toss some extra cheese on top… The more cheese the better!!!
- **Optional** Season chicken breast with salt, pepper, garlic salt.
- Place skillet on Kuma Grill at 350 Degrees for 45 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken is at least 165 degrees.
- When chicken has reached 165 degrees, remove skillet from grill, plate and serve!