Smoked Honey Habanero Wings
The rub that I used for this recipe is the Smokey Honey Habanero from SavorX Spice & Flavor Co. We met these folks at a BBQ competition in Coeur d’ Alene ID this last summer and have really enjoyed the unique spice blends that they offer in their rubs. Don’t let the Habanero scare you, these wings had the perfect balance of sweet and hot.
Sweet and spicy wings, great as an appetizer or main dish.
Author: Jack Freeman
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 2lb chicken wings (wingettes and drumettes).
- 1 Tbsp Smoky Honey Habanero Rub
- Salt to taste
- 1 can pineapple slices
- 1 Avocado Sliced
- Start your grill and set the temperature to 375° (15-20 minutes)
- Place the chicken wings and habanero rub into a gallon plastic bag. Shake until evenly coated.
- Place the wings on the center grid and if you have a Grill, slide open the quick grilling zone.
- Lightly salt the wings.
- Turn the wings after about 20 minutes and place the pineapple slices on the grill.
- Continue to cook for another 20 minutes or until the wings reach an internal temperature of 180° next to the bone.
- Remove and serve with the grilled pineapple and fresh avocado.